California Mental Health Planning Council (CMHPC)
The CMHPC is changing the appearance and content of its website. Some content may be missing or hard to find. Please bear with us during the process, your patience and understanding is appreciated. We hope to have the website update completed by spring 2014.
The California Mental Health Planning Council is mandated by federal and state statute to advocate for children with serious emotional disturbances and adults and older adults with serious mental illness, to provide oversight and accountability for the public mental health system, and to advise the Administration and the Legislature on priority issues and participate in statewide planning.
The California Mental Health Planning Council holds quarterly meetings in different sections of California to allow maximum participation. In January we schedule meetings in the San Diego area. In April we visit the Los Angeles area and in June we visit the San Francisco bay area. Our October meetings occur in Sacramento.
2014 Quarterly Meetings
- January 15-17, San Diego (Kona Kai Resort)
- April 16-18, Irvine (Hyatt Regency)
- June 18-20, (To Be Determined)
- October 15-17, Sacramento (To Be Determined)
Back to Top
The Executive Committee of the CMHPC will hold a meeting on Friday December 20, 2013 at 9 a.m. For more information about the meeting including a call in number if you can not attend in person, please click one of the links below.
On May 13, 2014 join us for Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Awareness Day at the Capitol Building in Sacramento. For more information, please click one of the links below.
The Data Notebook Workgroup will hold a meeting on December 12, 2013. For more information regarding the meeting including the agenda, please click one of the links below.
- As part of its comprehensive Suicide Prevention Initiative, the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) has launched a new mobile app ,”MY3”, which will help individuals at risk for suicide to quickly connect to their support network, and their own plan to stay safe. Please click the link below for the announcement that contains a link to the application.
- The Patients' Rights Committee will hold a meeting on December 18, 2013. For more information regarding the meeting including the agenda, please click one of the links below.
- Enrollment for Covered California begins October 1, 2013. Please click on the link below to read a News Bulletin from the California Pan-Ethnic Health Network.
- The California Mental Health Planning Council is very pleased to announce that the People Empowering People program has been recognized as the first program to merit the Joe Mortz Memorial Spotlight on Excellence commendation. People Empowering People (PEP) is a Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) funded program that embodies the spirit and intent of the MHSA and characteristics that the Council has identified as successful and essential practices in community-based services for consumers. The letter sent August 30, 2013 can be found below.
The Council can be reached at 916-651-3839 or the following mailing address:
California Mental Health Planning Council
PO Box 997413
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
Staff can be reached as follows:
Jane Adcock - Jane.Adcock@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-319-9343
Tamara Jones - Tamara.Jones@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-440-7813
Andi Murphy - Andi.Murphy@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-324-0777
Tracy Thompson - Tracy.Thompson@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-552-8665
Michael Gardner - Michael.Gardner@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-319-9639
Laura Leonelli - Laura.Leonelli@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-324-0980
Linda Dickerson - Linda.Dickerson@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-449-5249
Michael Dorman - Michael.Dorman@cmhpc.ca.gov - 916-552-9560
The Fax number for the Council staff office is 916-319-8030
* Please note that the emails listed above are not to be used for confidential or sensitive material.
Back to Top