County Customer Services Section (MedCCC)
MedCCC provides California's County Mental Health Plans (MHPs) a single point of contact to assist with the Mental Health Medi-Cal (SDMC) claim process and to answer questions and address issues related to the claiming and billing process for specialty mental health services billed through the SDMC Claim System.
- Direct access to the state when they have questions regarding SDMC claim payment
- Technical assistance with SDMC claim processing
- Answers to questions about SDMC policies and procedures
- Assistance with accurate and timely submission and processing of SDMC claims
- Assistance with other SDMC billing and/or claim-related issues
MedCCC uses a proactive approach of delivering information to MHPs when a potential issue with a SDMC claim process or business rule has been identified.
Ultimately, MedCCC hopes to assist MHPs with streamlining the SDMC claim process, resulting in improved processes and understanding of requirements at both the MHP and state levels.
Specialty Mental Health Services Point of Contacts (See this link)
MHPs may also call us at 916.650.6525.
What MHPs can expect when contacting MedCCC
• An email response back up to 48 hours, (72 hours for Specialty Mental Health Provider Enrollment inquiries) acknowledging receipt of the MHP’s issue or concern
• The most current information on individual MHP SDMC claims
• Assistance with troubleshooting claim and/or payment issues
• Helpful answers to policy and procedure questions
Links to other DHCS Webpages
MHSD Information Notices
Mental Health Services Division Webpage
Drug Medi-Cal Billing Manual
Links to Other MedCCC Pages