OUT OF COUNTY PLACEMENTS (SB 785)
Announcements | Background | Links
- Forms (These forms can best be accessed, updated and saved using Adobe Reader 8 or higher)
- MH5120 - Client Assessment
- MH5121 - Client Assessment Update
- MH5122 - Client Plan
- MH5123 - Progress Notes - Day Rehabilitation Services
- MH5124 - Progress Notes - Day Treatment Intensive Services
- MH5125 - Service Authorization Request - For Out-of-County Organizational Providers Only
- Updated -->>MH5126 - Organizational Provider Agreement for Foster Children Placed Out of County <<-- Updated - 01/29/10
Senate Bill (SB) 785 is intended to facilitate the receipt of medically necessary specialty mental health services by a foster child who is placed outside of their county of origin. The bill clarifies responsibility for treatment authorizations and transfers the responsibility for the provision of services to the host county while keeping the financial responsibility to authorize and pay for services with the county of origin.
DMH, in consultation with stakeholders, established a standardized contract and documents to be used by all mental health plans and providers when requesting and authorizing specialty mental health services.