Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) Presumptive Eligibility Flexibilities due to COVID-19
In light of the United States Health and Human Services Secretary’s January 31, 2020, public health emergency declaration, the California Governor’s March 4, 2020, emergency declaration, and the President’s March 13, 2020, national emergency declaration relative to COVID-19, the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is approving immediate flexibilities for Every Woman Counts (EWC) and Family Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment (FPACT) program Qualified Providers that are enrolling individuals into the Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP)
to limit potential exposure to COVID-19.
EWC and FPACT Qualified Providers can utilize telephonic signatures for BCCTP applications, noting in the case file “COVID-19 protocol.” In addition to the BCCTP application that has received a telephonic signature, a copy of the final pathology report with the qualifying diagnosis must be submitted.
In order to accept a telephonic
signature, the following procedure must be followed:
1. Read the consent language aloud to the patient
as it is stated on the signature page of the BCCTP Application:
- I understand that I must complete and submit the Medi-Cal or insurance affordability application (available on the Covered CA website) by the end of my PE period in order to be eligible for continued coverage.
- I have read and understood this PE for Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program Medi-Cal Application.
- The information I provided is true, correct, and complete.
2. Ask that the patient verbally acknowledge
3. In the signature line, type “Verbal consent –
4. Submit the BCCTP application and a copy of the
applicant’s final pathology report with the qualifying diagnosis.
5. Be sure to document and keep documentation for
all verbal consent obtained
Questions concerning BCCTP should be sent to:
Main Line: (800) 824-0088
Fax: (916) 440-5693
Mail: Department of Health Care Services
Medi-Cal Eligibility Division
Breast & Cervical Cancer Treatment Program
P.O. Box 997417, MS 4611
Sacramento, CA 95899-7417