Office of Legislative and Governmental Affairs
The Office of Legislative and Governmental Affairs facilitates, coordinates, and advocates for the development and enactment of legislation in the interest of public health. As a key player in carrying out the Department of Health Care Services' mission to preserve and improve the health status of all Californians, the office assists in the development and refinement of the State's health care laws. The office performs its role through various functions.
- Develops strategies for introducing and promoting legislation to implement the Department's sound public health principles.
- Monitors the State's political pulse through interactions with Legislators and their staff, public and private agencies, the health professional community, consumers, constituency groups and educational partners who express interest in public health. The Office uses this information as it advises the California Health and Human Services Agency and Governor on public health policy.
- Articulates Department and Administration policies to the California Legislature, in coordination with the California Health and Human Services Agency and the Governor.
- Provides technical assistance to California State legislators and their staff on the Department's various programs through briefings, testimony at informational hearings, individual meetings, periodic newsletters, fact sheets, etc.
- Builds and fosters strong partnerships for health with California State legislators and their staff.
- Provides consultative and technical assistance to the Department's programs and the public.
- Ensures that the Department's bill analyses provide a sound basis for effective legislative advocacy.
- Ensures that the Department's bill analyses synthesize the policies, activities and resource needs of its numerous programs.
- Facilitates Department responses to constituent related inquiries received from California State legislators and their staff.
Carol Gallegos, Deputy Director (email@example.com)
Carolyn Brookins, Acting Assistant Deputy Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tina Chiginsky, Legislative Liaison (email@example.com)
Cynthia Robinson, Legislative Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Norma Solorio, Legislative Coordinator (email@example.com)
Cynthia Bowman, Executive Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tina Johnson, Associate Governmental Program Analyst (email@example.com)
Leah Kology, Seasonal Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carolyn Brookins (CB)
Health Budget Trailer Bills and Bill Assignments for:
HP Health Policy (Director's Office)
MP Medical Policy (Director's Office)
Back to Top
Tina Chiginsky (TC)
Mental Health and Alcohol & Drug Programs (ADP) Trailer Bills
Oversight of Mental Health and ADP Related Issues
Cynthia Robinson (CR)
CM CA-MMIS (Fiscal Intermediary) CR Office of Civil Rights
FP Office of Family Planning (New) HC Office of HIPAA Compliance
HT Health Info Technology IT Information Technology
LT Long Term Care MB Medi-Cal Benefits
MC Medi-Cal Managed Care MH Mental Health Services (New)
RD Capitated Rates Development SF Safety Net Financing
SP Selective Provider Contracting (New)
Norma Solorio (NS)
AD Administration AI Audits & Investigations
DM Drug Medi-Cal (New) FR Fee-for-Service Rates
LG Office of Legal Services LH Low Income Health Program
MD Medi-Cal Dental ME Medi-Cal Eligibility
OP Office of Medi-Cal Procurement PA Office of Public Affairs
PB Pharmacy Benefits PE Provider Enrollment
RH Primary & Rural Health SC Systems of Care
TR Third Party & Recovery UM Utilization Management
Back to Top
1501 Capitol Avenue, Suite 6017
(916) 440-7500 FAX: (916) 440-5119 or 440-7510
Mailing address: MS 0006, PO Box 997413, Sacramento, CA 95899-7413