Caregiver Resource Centers
Caring for a loved one with cognitive disorder or another disabling condition forever changes the lives of families and caregivers. There can be devastating effects on those providing long-term care: financial pressures, legal quandaries, health problems, and emotional turmoil. Fortunately, in California, there is help https://www.caregiver.org/californias-caregiver-resource-centers (CRCs), throughout the state serve thousands of families and caregivers of those with Alzheimer's disease, stroke, Parkinson's disease and other disorders. California was the first state in the nation to establish a statewide network of support organizations for caregivers; every resident has access to a CRC in their area (see below for services).
You can keep up with the latest news, training opportunities, and support strategies that you can use every month by subscribing to the https://www.caregiver.org/californias-caregiver-resource-centers e-newsletter.
Regional Caregiver Resource Center (CRC) Services
Each CRC provides the following core services to families and caregivers at low or no cost:
- Specialized Information and Referral - Referrals and advice related to caregiver stress, diagnoses and community resources.
- Family Consultation and Care Planning - Trained staff consultations to assess needs of persons with cognitive impairment and their families, explore care options, and develop a course of action.
- Respite Care - Financial assistance for temporary in-home support, adult day care services, short-term or weekend care and transportation.
- Short-Term Counseling - Individual, family and group sessions with licensed counselors to offer emotional support to caregivers
- Support Groups - Online or in-person meetings to share experiences and ideas to ease the stress of caregiving.
- Professional Training - Workshops on long-term care, patient management, public policy, legal and financial issues for health and service providers.
- Legal and Financial Consultation - Experienced attorneys consult on Powers of Attorney, Advance Directives, estate and financial planning, conservatorships and other matters.
- Education - Special workshops on topics such as cognitive disorders, dealing with dementia, long-term care planning and stress management to help caregivers cope with day-to-day concerns.
California's Caregiver Resource Center's System Reports
Last modified on:
12/3/2015 11:39 AM