Outreach Information about Medicare Medi-Cal Plans
Return to Integrated Care for Dual Eligible Beneficiaries
A Medi-Medi Plan is a type of Medicare Advantage plan. It is for people who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal. It combines Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits and Medicare prescription drug benefits into one plan. In 2023, Medi-Medi plans are available in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. A list of
2023 Medicare Medi-Cal Plans can be found here.
Medi-Medi Plans include:
- One care team to coordinate care.
- One health plan to coordinate delivery of services, including medical supplies, transportation, and long-term services and supports.
- One set of benefits and a network of providers, including doctors, hospitals, clinics, labs, pharmacies, and medical equipment suppliers.
- You may get extra benefits like dental, hearing, or vision coverage, in addition to what Medi-Cal covers. I
On January 1, 2023, Cal MediConnect members will automatically transition to Medi-Medi Plans provided by the same plans as Cal MediConnect.
You have three options to enroll in a Medi-Medi Plan:
- If you already have a Medi-Cal plan (or a Cal MediConnect plan), call them directly and ask about their Medi-Medi Plan
- Call Medicare at 1-800-MEDICARE
- Call Health Care Options at 1-844-580-7272 (TTY 1-800-430-7077).
Information for Providers
Information for Agents and Brokers
Information for Beneficiaries
Other Integrated Plan Models
- Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): PACE covers Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits, including prescription drugs. It will coordinate healthcare, homecare, transportation, and dental care. To find out if PACE is available in your area, and to enroll, please go to the CalPACE website.
- SCAN Connections at Home is a Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan that covers Medicare and Medi-Cal benefits, including prescription drugs. It will coordinate all healthcare, homecare, transportation, and related benefits. To find out if SCAN Connections at Home is available in your area, and to enroll, please go to the Scan Health Plan website.