Medi-Cal Dental Program
The Medi-Cal Dental Program covers a variety of dental services for Medi-Cal beneficiaries, such as:
- Diagnostic and preventive dental hygiene (e.g. examinations, x-rays, and teeth cleanings);
- Emergency services for pain control;
- Tooth extractions;
- Root canal treatments (anterior/posterior);
- Crowns (prefabricated/laboratory);
- Scaling and root planning;
- Periodontal maintenance;
- Complete and partial dentures; and
- Orthodontics for children who qualify.
Members can access dental services through Medi-Cal Dental enrolled providers, who will advise members on the best course of treatment, and under the specific conditions for which some of these services are allowable. If you have any questions or need assistance finding a dental provider, call the Medi-Cal Dental Customer Service Line at (800) 322-6384, or visit
DHCS encourages non-Medi-Cal dental providers to enroll with Medi-Cal. To learn more about how you can get involved, please contact our Provider Customer Service line at (800) 423-0507 or visit the
Medi-Cal Dental Provider Outreach website for more information.