Information for Primary Care Providers
Every Woman Counts (EWC) providers have an important role. They join with EWC to assist underserved women in obtaining high quality screening and follow-up services with the intent of preventing and detecting cancer in the early stages. This section contains information designed to assist providers participating in EWC.
EWC uses a web-based billing and data system. Participating Primary Care Providers perform online patient enrollment and data collection.
- Providers may obtain assistance with data reporting in the
Step-By-Step Provider User Guide.
- Medi-Cal Point of Service help desk staff are available to answer web-based application questions at (800) 541-5555 (outside of California, please call (916) 636-1980).
Program Standards and Expectations
- The EWC Program Manual for Primary Care Providers is designed to assist providers with the Case Management of women enrolled by them into EWC. The manual contains information regarding clinical standards, program expectations and assistance available to providers. The program manual is under revision and currently unavailable.
Medi-Cal manual for EWC has a listing of CPT codes paid by CDS and related program policies.
- The Electronic Data Systems (EDS) Telephone Service Center (TSC) Hotline is available for billing related questions at (800) 541-5555 (outside of California, please call (916) 636-1980).
- Effective May 1, 2011, Primary Care Providers are required to assess the tobacco use status of all patients screened through CDP: EWC, and refer those that use tobacco products to tobacco cessation programs, such as the California Smokers’ Helpline ((800) NO-BUTTS,
www.californiasmokershelpline.org) and/or available local resources.
The California Tobacco Control Program provides information on a variety of topics, including help with quitting and local tobacco control efforts.
Free treatment is available through the Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program to all Californians who qualify. Information on this program is available on the Medi‑Cal website or call (800) 824-0088 to speak with an eligibility specialist.
Back to the Every Woman Counts Home Page