Office of the Medical Director
The Office of the Medical Director (OMD), within the Director's Office, works to catalyze and sustain high-quality care throughout California’s health care system. In collaboration with DHCS colleagues and partners, we will replace a “sick care system” with a true “health care system” that:
- Improves the health and quality of life for all Californians;
- Actively engages and empowers members and families in their health;
- Drives improvement through innovation, high-quality data and sound policies;
- Delivers high-value care; and
- Reflects a culture of excellence.
OMD works closely with numerous internal and external partners, and provides leadership and coordination of various cross-departmental activities.