Medi-Cal Managed Care and Mental Health Office of the Ombudsman
What is an Ombudsman?
The Medi-Cal Managed Care and Mental Health Office of the Ombudsman help resolve problems from a neutral standpoint to ensure that our members receive all medically necessary covered services and information for which plans are contractually responsible is a person in a government agency to whom people can go to make complaints or explain problems with the programs or policies of the agency.
Department of Health Care Services Office of the Ombudsman
· Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm PST; excluding holidays
· By Phone: 1-888-452-8609
· By email*: MMCDOmbudsmanOffice@dhcs.ca.gov
*Please note: E-mail provides no mechanism for ensuring the confidentiality or privacy of information contained within a message in transit. Therefore the sender of an email message assumes responsibility for including confidential or private data when utilizing this communication medium. The sender should exercise caution when composing a message to exclude confidential or private information such as names, street addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, license numbers, other personal identification numbers, etc. If the sender wishes to contact the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) Office of the Ombudsman to discuss any issues that may require the inclusion of private or confidential data, DHCS recommends calling the Ombudsman at (1-888) 452-8609.
- The California DEPARTMENT OF AGING, LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM (LTCOP) The primary responsibility of the LTCOP is to investigate and endeavor to resolve complaints made by, or on behalf of, individual residents in long-term care facilities.
- The California DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES (CDDS) is the agency through which the State of California provides services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- The California DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES (DHCS - MEDI-CAL INFORMATION) To assist an individual in finding out if he/she qualifies as a Medi-Cal beneficiary, how to enroll and learn about available programs for children with special medical conditions and seniors needing personal care.
- The California DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES OMBUDSMAN FOR FOSTER CARE Information on the rights of children and youth who are placed in foster care. The program provides advocacy services to foster children and youth and those who reach out on their behalf.
Toll-free telephone 1-877-846-1602 e-mail address: email@example.com. For complaints, please visit: Department of Social Services: File a Complaint
- DISABILITY RIGHTS CALIFORNIA (PATIENT'S RIGHTS ADVOCATE) We envision a world where all people with disabilities have equality, dignity and power. Advocacy, information on disability rights, resources for persons with disabilities in California whose rights have been violated, and list of advocacy contacts throughout California. 1-800-776-5746 (Voice) 1-800-719-5798 (TTY) Handbook of Patient's Rights Advocates contact information listed by county.
- NATIONAL LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN RESOURCE CENTER Long-term care ombudsmen are advocates for residents of nursing homes, board and care homes and assisted living facilities. Ombudsmen provide information about how to find a facility and what to do to get quality care.
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT Information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) for individuals with disabilities, businesses, State and local governments, or others inquiring about general or specific ADA requirements, laws, regulations, reports and publications regarding the ADA.
- DEPARTMENT OF REHABILITATION
- DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
- NETWORK OF CARE