List of Publications
This webpage lists and provides links to publications that have resulted from research using DHCS data. Publications are posted as they become available.
Christina Mangurian, M.D., M.A.S., Maria E. Garcia, M.D., M.P.H., Dean Schillinger, M.D., Eric Vittinghoff, Ph.D., Jennifer M. Creasman, M.S.P.H., Penelope Knapp, M.D., John W. Newcomer, M.D. Nonpsychiatric Outpatient Care for Adults With Serious Mental Illness in California: Who Is Being Left Behind? Psychiatric Services July 2017; 68:689–95.
Christina Mangurian, M.D., M.A.S., Monique James, M.D., Melanie Thomas, M.D., M.S., Latoya Frolov, M.D., M.P.H., Nicholas S. Riano, B.A., Eric Vittinghoff, Ph.D., Dean Schillinger, M.D., John W. Newcomer, M.D. Rates of Cervical Cancer Screening Among Women With Severe Mental Illness in the Public Health System. American Psychiatric Association. Print ISSN: 1075-2730 | Online ISSN: 1557-9700. Published online April 15, 2017.
Christina Mangurian, M.D., M.A.S., Walker Keenan, B.S., John W. Newcomer, M.D., Eric Vittinghoff, Ph.D., Jennifer M. Creasman, M.S.P.H., Dean Schillinger, M.D. Diabetes Prevalence Among Racial-Ethnic Minority Group Members With Severe Mental Illness Taking Antipsychotics: Double Jeopardy? American Psychiatric Association. Published online April 17, 2017.
- Mangurian C, Newcomer JW, Vittinghoff E, Creasman JM, Knapp P, Fuentes-Afflick E, Schillinger D. Diabetes Screening Among Underserved Adults With Severe Mental Illness Who Take Antipsychotic Medications. JAMA, Dec 2015; 175 (12): 1977-1980.
- Upadhyay U, Desai S, Zlidar V, Weitz TA, Grossman D, Anderson P, Taylor D. Incidence of emergency department visits and complications after abortion. Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Jan; 125(1):175-83. PMID: 25560122.
Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prevcebp.1099.2013; Published Online First December 2, 2013; doi:10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-13-1099 Access to the Indian Health Service Care System is Not Associated with Early Enrollment in Medicaid for American Indian and Alaska Natives with Cancer. Andrea N. Burnett-Hartman, Mark E. Bensink, Kristin Berry, David G. Mummy, Victoria Warren Mears, Carol Korenbrot, and Scott D Ramsey.
- Bixby Reproductive Health Brief: Family Planning Provider Education and Training in California. Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, University of California, San Francisco. March 2012.
- Bixby Reproductive Health Brief: Chlamydia Screening in the Family PACT Program. Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, University of California, San Francisco. June 2012.
- Chow J, Thiel de Bocanegra H, Hulett D, Park H, Darney P. Comparison of Adherence to Chlamydia Screening Guidelines among Title X Providers and Non-Title X Providers in the California Family Planning, Access, Care, and Treatment (Family PACT) Program. Journal of Women’s Health, 2012 July; 21(0): 1-6.
- Park H, Rodriguez M, Hulett D, Darney P,Thiel de Bocanegra H. Long-acting reversible contraception method use among Title X providers and non-Title X providers in California. Contraception. 2012 Nov;86(5):557-61.
- Thiel de Bocanegra H, Maguire F, Hulett D, Horsley K, Puffer MJ, Brindis C. Enhancing Service Delivery Through Title X Funding: Findings from California. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, 2012 Dec;44(4).
Bixby Reproductive Health Brief: Providing Access to Family Planning through Title X and Medicaid Family Planning Expansion. Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, University of California, San Francisco. January 2011.
Fairbrother G, Watring J, Madhavan G.Effects of the Citizenship Documentation Provision of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 on Medi-Cal: Overview and Analysis. Cincinnati: The James M. Anderson Center for Health Systems Excellence at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center; 2010.
Olfson M, Marcus SC, Ascher-Svanum H. Treatment of schizophrenia with long-acting fluphenazine, haloperidol, or risperidone. Schizophr Bull. 2007 Nov;33(6):1379-87. Epub 2007 Apr 29.
Last modified on:
5/23/2019 1:39 PM