Approved CHIP State Plan Amendments
The Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provides health coverage to eligible children, through both Medicaid Expansion and separate CHIP programs. CHIP is administered by states, according to federal requirements. The program is funded jointly by states and the federal government.
The following attachments are amendments to the California CHIP State Plan that were approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Stakeholders can update their copies by following the links and instructions attached to the documents.
2018 Approved CHIP SPAs
18-0028 Proposed to allow DHCS to add the Medi-Cal Access Program (MCAP) population to the Medi-Cal Managed Care (MMC) delivery system.
2017 Approved CHIP SPAs
- 17-0043 Allows DHCS to waive the monthly premiums and other cost-sharing, such as copays, and to implement temporary adjustments to enrollment, eligibility determination and/or redetermination policies, for specified populations during the months of October-December 2017, due to displacement and loss of property during the recovery from the wildfires in California.
- 20 Transition of Healthy Families Program from CHIP into the Medicaid program and deletes outdated eligibility information and incorporates references to formerly approved Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) SPAs throughout the CHIP state plan template as appropriate.
2014 Approved CHIP SPAs
MAGI-Targeted Low Income Children & Coverage from Conception to Birth
- 14-0002 MAGI-Eligibility for the Medicaid Expansion Program
- 14-0004 Application Processing, Eligibility Screening, and Enrollment
- 14-0005 MAGI-Non-Financial and Financial Eligibility
Last modified date:
5/10/2019 8:16 AM