GEMT providers are required to periodically submit data reports that include the following:
· The total number of emergency medical transports, as defined below, by payer type, including Medi-Cal FFS and Medi-Cal managed care, Medicare, dual Medicare/Medi-Cal (Medi-Medi), and all other payer types, for each calendar year quarter.
· The gross receipts, as defined below, received from the provision of emergency medical transports for each FY.
Data Submission Required by April 17, 2019, as follows:
GEMT providers are required to submit to DHCS emergency medical transport data for the following quarters:
Total number of emergency medical transports for Codes A0427, A0429, A0433, A0225, and A0434 in quarter 4:
· Q4: October 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018
Total number of emergency medical transports for Codes A0225 and A0434 provided in the following quarters:
· Q2: April 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018
· Q3: July 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018
Data Collection Forms & Instructions:
The data to be included in the reports are described below:
· An “emergency medical transport” is defined as “the act of transporting an individual from any point of origin to the nearest medical facility capable of meeting the emergency medical needs of the patient by an ambulance licensed, operated, and equipped in accordance with applicable state or local statutes, ordinances, or regulations that are billed with billing codes A0429 BLS Emergency, A0427 ALS Emergency, and A0433 ALS2, and any equivalent, predecessor, or successor billing codes [X0030, A0434 Specialty Care Transports, and A0225 Neonatal Emergency Transport].”
· “Gross receipts” are defined by statute as “gross payments received as patient care revenue for emergency medical transports, determined on a cash basis of accounting, [and] shall include all payments received as patient care revenue for emergency medical transports billed with billing codes A0429 BLS Emergency, A0427 ALS Emergency, and A0433 ALS2, and any equivalent, predecessor, or successor billing codes [X0030, A0434 Specialty Care Transports, and A0225 Neonatal Emergency Transport; as determined] by [DHCS] and any other ancillary billing codes associated with emergency medical transport[s].”