Developmentally Disabled – Continuous Nursing Care Program (DD-CNC)
The purpose of the DD-CNC waiver is to provided 24-hour continuous nursing care for developmentally disabled medically fragile persons in residential settings. The program provides home and community-based services that assist Medi-Cal beneficiaries to live in the community and avoid institutionalization.
Type of Waiver
1915(c) Freedom of Choice Waiver
- Medi-Cal program eligibility. Consumers enrolled in managed care health plans are not eligible to participate in the DD-CNC Program.
- Certified by the regional center as developmentally disabled as defined by W & I Code §4512 and eligible for special treatment programs.
- Enrolled in the regional center
- Medical necessity for continuous skilled nursing care needs.
- Be free of clinically active communicable disease reportable under Title 17, California Code of Regulations (CCR) §2500
- Continuous 24-hour Nursing including; personal care, developmental services and nursing supervision.
- Assistance with all Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs).
- Ventilator Care
- Tracheotomy Care
- Oxygen Delivery and Monitoring / BIPAP
- Oral and tracheal suctioning
- Continuous IV Therapies.
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Gastrostomy and Ileostomy Care
- Indwelling or suprapubic catheters
- Continuous or intermittent tube feeding
- Medication Administration
- Pressure sores, all stages
- Decubitus care
- Other skilled nursing services as specified
- Continuous Nursing Care Ventilator Dependent
- Waiver participants who receive Ventilator Dependent services must be certified by a physician as requiring continuous skilled nursing care and being ventilator dependent.
Federal Medicaid; no additional funding
Currently available in 7 small home-like settings throughout the state.
October 1, 2009 through September 30, 2012