Specialty Mental Health Services Provider Information
Back to MedCCC Home Page
This page contains information for Providers (and potential providers) of specialty mental health services (SMHS) to Medi-Cal beneficiaries in CA or in a CA Border Community.
County-owned and operated clinics that provide specialty mental health services to Medi-Cal beneficiaries
Individuals and organizations who are contracted with a CA county to provide specialty mental health services to Medi-Cal beneficiaries
This page, in conjunction with
ProviderFile@dhcs.ca.gov, is designed to assist providers and share the resources available to understand provider processes including SMHS provider certification, documentation, monitoring, IT systems and policy requirements at both the county and State levels.
Current providers should submit inquiries or requests for information via email to
- You will receive a response back after 20 business days along with a ticket number in the subject line, acknowledging submittal to ProviderFile.
- Please reference the assigned ticket number in all communications with the ProviderFile until your inquiry is resolved.
ProviderFile@dhcs.ca.gov may also be used to request information and assistance with:
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) issues
- Provider Information Management System (PIMS) questions
- Provider Identification Numbers (PINs)
Access the DHCS
MC 5840 Legal Entity File Update (LEFU)
MC 5829 Provider File Update (PFU)
Access request information for the
Provider Information Management System (PIMS)
To request new Provider Identification Number (PIN) for Specialty Mental Health (SMH), please mail request, on company letterhead, to:
Department of Health Care Services
Provider Enrollment Division
1501 Capitol Avenue, MS 4704
PO Box 997412
Sacramento, CA 95899-7412
OR email it to
CMS NPI Booklet
Information Letters and Notices
Provider System Documentation
Please submit all inquiries, requests or questions to: