Assisted Living Waiver Provider Enrollment

The ALW is accepting applications from qualifying Residential Care Facilities (RCF) providers, Adult Residential Care Facilities (ARF), Care Coordination Agencies (CCA) providers, and Home Health Agencies (HHA) operating in Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Sonoma counties.  Assisted Living services are provided to ALW participants by the RCF or by the HHA in the publicly subsidized housing (PSH) setting.  CCA providers identify, coordinate, and monitor services needed by the participant.

Important note: all providers must undergo a comprehensive review and found to be in compliance with all licensing regulations. 

Residential Care Facilities and Adult Residential Care Facilities

Residential Care Facilities and Adult Residential Care Facilities (RFC/ARF) are responsible for providing ALW services to participants, allowing them to maintain independence and continue to receive nursing level of care as needed.  The RCF\ARF work in conjunction with the Care Coordinator Agencies to ensure participants receive individualized care in a home environment. 

Instructions and forms required for RCF and ARF provider enrollment are available on the Enrolling Care Facilities webpage.

Care Coordination Agencies

Care Coordination Agencies (CCA) are responsible for developing and implementing the Individualized Service Plan (ISP) to identify the participant's needs and the methodology to meet those needs. They will explain to individuals or their legal representative, the services offered through the waiver.  CCAs can help individuals make decisions about their choices of living arrangements by explaining the differences between receiving long-term services and supports in a nursing facility or in an RCF or public subsidized housing setting. The CCA is also responsible for informing individuals about resources available to them to determine financial eligibility for long-term services and supports. 

Instructions and forms required for CCA provider enrollment are available on the Enrolling Care Coordination Agencies webpage.

Home Health Agencies

Home Health Agencies (HHA) are licensed and regulated by the California Department of Public Health, Licensing and Certification Division (L&C).  The HHA renders Assisted Living Waiver services in the Public Subsidized Housing (PSH) setting and is responsible for meeting the needs of the participant equivalent to services delivered by Residential Care Facility providers. 

Instructions and forms required for HHA provider enrollment are available on the Enrolling Home Health Agencies webpage.

Application Submission

Send all applications to:

Provider and Facility Site Review Unit
Integrated Systems of Care Division
Department of Health Care Services
1501 Capitol Avenue, MS 4502
P.O. Box 997437
Sacramento, CA 95899-7437

Important note: do not send applications to the Provider Enrollment Division


Last modified date: 10/17/2019 11:49 AM