COVID-19 Uninsured Group Program
As of March 18, 2020, House Resolution (H.R.) 6201, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Section 6004, authorized state Medicaid programs to provide access to coverage for medically necessary coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnostic testing, testing-related services, and treatment at no cost to the individual.
The new COVID-19 Uninsured Group program was implemented by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) on August 28, 2020, and covers COVID-19 diagnostic testing, testing-related services, and treatment services, including vaccination, hospitalization and all medically necessary care, at no cost to the individual. The COVID-19 Uninsured Group Program will end on the last day of the calendar month in which the federal COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE) ends. Please see the below resources:
- Provider NewsFlash and instructions
- COVID-19 Uninsured Group Program Off-Premise Flexibilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MC-374 COVID-19 Uninsured Group Program Application
- Other Languages: Arabic, Armenian, Cambodian, Chinese, Farsi, Hindi, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Mien, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Ukranian, Vietnamese
Upon implementation of the COVID-19 Uninsured Group Application Portal, DHCS decommissioned the Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for COVID-19 application process implemented on April 8, 2020.
Per federal guidance, applications for the COVID-19 Uninsured Group can be retroactive to April 8, 2020. Qualified providers can submit retroactive applications to COVID19Apps@dhcs.ca.gov for review and processing.
Please email COVID19Apps@dhcs.ca.gov if you have questions about the COVID-19 Uninsured Group or COVID-19 aid code.